We are extremely pleased to announce our upcoming theatre season! For the first time EVER, we are showcasing three shows this season. Thanks to the new studio, we are now more flexible with our rehearsals and performance spaces. This is a super exciting development and we're ecstatic to share it with you!
Without further adieu...
- The Last Five Years by Jason Robert Brown (Auditions June 8 & 10, performances August 14-16, 21-23, 28-30)
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, adapted by John Osborne (Dates TBA, Fall/Winter of 2015) - We're modernizing this horror/thriller and it will be AWESOME. Also, it's our first Oscar Wilde production, and we could not be more excited to bring our namesake's work to life!
- Steel Magnolias by Robert Harling (Dates TBA, Spring of 2016) - It's time to do this perennial favorite and we've got a lot of lovely ladies (and possibly gentlemen; we're equal opportunity at WCC) in mind.
This is the official audition notice for The Last Five Years! We're doing something fun with this contemporary, dramedy musical. This is traditionally a 2 person show, but we'd like to doublecast and do inter-twining couples for a different show every night. You'll fall in love each time! Director Suzanne Pieri will be taking the helm for the inaugural black box WCC show.
- Males 20-35 yrs, tenors, please be prepared with 16-32 bars of music. Songs of the show are welcome, but not mandatory. Be prepared to do cold readings of text outside of the script.
- Females 20-35 yrs, mezzo-soprano, please be prepared with 16-32 bars of music. Songs of the show are welcome, but not mandatory. Be prepared to do cold readings of text outside of the script.
*** We currently do not have an accompanist for auditions. Please bring your music on your phone (we can plug you into our sound system), or a CD that will run on our studio laptop. If we do get an accompanist, we will notify through Facebook.
For any questions or concerns, please let us know at email@example.com or 386-227-7444
See you at the show!!